Following conditions have to be met before start of course:
- At the time of the course, the participant has to hold a valid driving licence approved in Germany. Of course, this does not apply to passengers.
- The vehicle as well as the tires have to be licensed for road use.
- The vehicle used needs to have a liability insurance.
- All models are welcome. For vehicles without a fixed roof, a functioning roll bar is compulsory; these vehicles may only be driven on the race track with the roof closed.
- Noise measurements are carried out at the Nürburgring. Vehicles that are too loud will not be admitted or excluded from further participation (max. sound pressure level of 98 dB (A) = EU norm).
- Alongside participation as a driver in the sports driver course, participation of an additional person as a “passenger” or “second driver” is possible, minimum age 14.